Julie Spaniel, D.D.S.
Dr. Julie Spaniel graduated from the University of North Carolina in 1991. After her residency at the Portland VA Medical Center and group private practice in Portland, she moved with her family to Burlington, Vermont. A native of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Julie and her husband, Adam, raised in Milwaukie, Oregon, have returned to the Portland area.
Dr. Spaniel owned and operated a large General Dental practice in the Burlington area in Vermont for almost 25 years. She and Adam raised 4 children who are now grown and off to college and beyond. They have returned to Oregon to be closer to family.
Dr. Julie Spaniel has opened Summerwood Family Dental of Bridgeport Village under the same philosophy as her former practice: Establishing trust, one patient at a time.
People have options and their own priorities in healthcare. Each person has individual needs and expectations about their dental care. We genuinely emphasize and foster the dentist-patient relationship, getting to know and understand our patients, one at a time. This “personal touch” is fading from our healthcare system. As a team, we strongly believe our patients deserve the very best, and we take pride in offering it with an extraordinary level of expertise.
We strive to maintain the most state-of –the-art dental practice, providing high-end, technologically advanced dental treatment while giving our patients particularly individualized attention. Our patients know and trust us, and we work diligently to make sure we deserve their trust.
About Dr. Julie Spaniel, DDS
- Dr. Spaniel is an active member of the American Dental Association, since 1994 and Oregon Dental Association, again.
- Member and Serving on the Board of the American Academy of Dental Practice.
- Member of the American Association of Oral Systemic Health.
- Member of the Washington County Dental Society.
- Member of the Clackamas County Dental Society.
- Healthcare Director for Global health initiative with Refugee Outreach Inc
- Summerwood Dental Brigades LLC, Executive Director and Founder.
- Serving Dentist for Global Brigades, Inc, Student led group serving Ghana & Nicaragua
- Paul Harris Fellow and Award recipient for Global Service and Aid work.
- Serving Dentist for Hands to Honduras, since 2006.
- Member of the Tualatin Rotary.
- Member of the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce.
- Chair of Health and Wellness committee for the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Lake Oswego Business Leader.
- Member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Certified in minimal sedation and nitrous oxide
Summerwood Family Dental received the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce 2019 New Business of the Year Award.
Award presented by Robert E. Kellogg P.C.
Dr. Spaniel has very rapidly become part of the Tualatin community. She is new to the community and has already developed a fan base that sings her praises at every opportunity. Summerwood Family Dental was an acquisition turned into a start-up instead. They needed new equipment, patients, and a full renovation. She offers amazing service to her clients and is actively working on ways to make her practice accessible to all. She gave a phenomenal presentation at one of the Tualatin Chamber’s Health & Wellness Wednesdays and blew the audience away. Furthermore, Dr. Spaniel founded a non-profit that is all about education and bringing dentistry across borders. She regularly travels to Ghana, Honduras and Nicaragua delivering much-needed dental care to small villages. Dr. Spaniel brings undergrad students with her and gives them an opportunity of a lifetime. When you hear her speaking about the people in these villages, it is clear how much she loves them, and enjoys the services she can provide. One of her fellow Rotarians said, “She is so kind, humble, hardworking, and has a heart of gold. Our community could stand to gain more citizens like her!”